[rdiff-backup-users] Ownership not preserved

From: Stefan Wimmer
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Ownership not preserved
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 13:30:03 +0200

Hello,

I set up rdiff-backup for backing up my hosts following this howto:

  http://arctic.org/~dean/rdiff-backup/unattended.html

The problem is that *all* files in my backup directory are now owned by
"backup:backup" regardless whether it was host:/root or host:/etc :-{

If I run rdiff-backup from the hosts I want to backup as root the
ownership is preserved but I wanted to avoid this because there is a lot
of trouble with cronjobs as root ...

Is there anything I miss or I could do to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance
Stefan