Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Install problem? [was: backup to cifs share?]

From: Chris Wilson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Install problem? [was: backup to cifs share?]
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 23:17:42 +0100 (BST)

Hi Morgan,

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Morgan Read wrote:

Seems my problem (below) has nothing to do with cifs.  After running a
local test, I get the same error:

address@hidden ~]# rdiff-backup --include-globbing-filelist
include-list-test / /home/tmp/testbackup
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/local/bin/rdiff-backup", line 20, in ?
   import rdiff_backup.Main
ImportError: No module named rdiff_backup.Main
address@hidden ~]#

include-list-test is:
/home/olwyn
- **

Perhaps, this is something to do with the install?  I used the following
command straight from the README to install to /usr/local :
address@hidden ~]# python setup.py install --prefix=/usr/local

Might installing to /usr/local have caused some problems

Yes, if you install with a prefix then you have to update your Python module search path. Please see the list archives for details.

Cheers, Chris.
--