[rdiff-backup-users] Problem with non-root installation

From: Eur Ing Chris Green
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Problem with non-root installation
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:37:34 +0000

I have built and installed rdiff-backup on a BSD system where I have a
shell login account but no root access.

I did:-
    python setup.py install --prefix=$HOME

and it all appeared to work OK (once I'd installed librsync and got
the build to 'see' it).

However when I try and run rdiff-backup I get the following:-

    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/isbd/bin/rdiff-backup", line 20, in ?
        import rdiff_backup.Main
    ImportError: No module named rdiff_backup.Main

Where should the modules be?  I can't find any trace of them.

--
Chris Green