[rdiff-backup-users] problem with "no usable temporary directory" error.

From: Arone Silimantia
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] problem with "no usable temporary directory" error...
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 20:32:08 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to run a backup ... the previous one was interrupted, and when I restart it I see:

IOError: [Errno 2] No usable temporary directory found in ['/tmp',
'/var/tmp', '/usr/tmp', '/']

Is it looking for that temporary directory on my side (the sender) or on the destination side ?

It's worth noting that I have no control over the destination side - I have a limited login and I am jailed in a home directory - I have no ability to set an environment variable nor do I have any access to /tmp or /var/tmp, etc.

So if it is looking for that temp space on the destination ... is there any way for me to tell it, from my end (the sender) to put it in X dir on the destination (which will not be /tmp or /var/tmp ... more like ~/tmp)

Any comments on this at all ?  Do I completely misunderstand what that error is saying ?

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.