[rdiff-backup-users] Slow restore performance

From: Jim Nasby
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Slow restore performance
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:24:53 -0600

Restoring a single file from my FreeBSD 6.1 machine to OS X 10.4.8 I'm only getting ~500kB/s, yet an rsync of the same file is doing ~3MB/s (this is according to Activity Monitor on OS X). Why is restoring over the network so slow?

Restoring the same file to a location on the FreeBSD box is clipping along at about 12MB/s, based on what systat -v is reporting for drive activity.
--
Jim Nasby                                            address@hidden