[rdiff-backup-users] Chinese characters in filenames on Cygwin + Win XP

From: Qiqi Yan
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Chinese characters in filenames on Cygwin + Win XP
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 23:22:59 +0800

Hi all,
I am new to rdiff-backup, whose idea is attractive to me. So I just installed rdiff-backup on my Cygwin + Win XP. But when I tried to backup a file with Chinese characters in filename, in the backup dir, its filename became like ";195;164;201;243.htm".
How can I resolve this? This happens on both NTFS and FAT32. I wonder if it is related to the "Extended file name" test, which is false on my computer.
Thanks!
Qiqi Yan