Re: [rdiff-backup-users] File missing from backup?

From: Kurt Yoder
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] File missing from backup?
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:08:06 -0500

On Nov 13, 2006, at 3:53 PM, Andrew Ferguson wrote:

2) Look in the file_statistics and mirror_metadata files for references to the files that *should* be in the backup repository, but aren't. Eg,
'Nagios' or 'check_apt-get'. If rdiff-backup finds metadata for them
that matches the file in /usr/local/nagios/libexec I think it will
blindly ignore the fact that the file doesn't exist in the repository.

After looking at the mirror_metadata files, I noticed that the directory in question is actually a symlink with an absolute path: / usr/lib/nagios/libexec. This symlink on the backup machine of course points to the backup machine's /usr/lib/nagios/libexec.

Ugh, how dumb of me. Rdiff-backup is working exactly as intended.

Thanks for your suggestions.

--
Kurt Yoder
The Richard Group