[rdiff-backup-users] Debian debs with patch fix for #355178

From: Faheem Mitha
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Debian debs with patch fix for #355178
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:07:21 -0500 (EST)

Hi everyone,

I just ran into Debian bug #355178, reported by Dean Gaudet. See
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=355178, which has
links to a corresponding bug report on sourceforge. I imagine some/all
people here are already aware of this bug, though.

This was with a 4.2 Gig Zope Data.fs database file. I ignored it for a
bit hoping it would go away. It didn't, but I was relieved to learn
that this was a known bug with a patch.

 I spent quite a lot of time yesterday, patching librsync and
rebuilding rdiff-backup against it.

You can get the librsync and rdiff-backup debs (for sarge) from

deb http://dulci.org/~faheem/debian/ sarge main contrib non-free
deb-src http://dulci.org/~faheem/debian/ sarge main contrib non-free

As expected, it made the problem go away.

NB. If anyone is considering setting up an apt repository, consider
using reprepro (http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/286). It
makes the process quite easy.

Does anyone know any friendly Debian developers would could be
persuaded to do NMUs of librsync and rdiff-backup? It would be a good
thing if this fix could go in for etch.

I also have a question for Dean Gaudet. Since you are the only one
apparently committing now to rdiff-backup (at least in the last few
months), do you know if there are any plans to put out a new release
in the near future with fixes?

                                                              Faheem.