[rdiff-backup-users] filename case - override safe behavior?

From: ax
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] filename case - override safe behavior?
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:52:39 -0700

I just started to use rdiff-backup between a remote OpenBSD server and my local
Mac OS X machine.  Absolutely ideal -- effortless, efficient -- with one issue.

I have a situation where I'm pulling down trees of PHP files by other developers
who mix case in their filenames, so upper-case characters are encoded by
rdiff-backup when they're pulled down to my Mac to prevent conflicts, e.g.
incLogon.php becomes inc;076ogon.php.

But I have to maintain a working distribution of the software here, and this
safe behavior breaks my local copy.

In this particular situation, it is absolutely guaranteed that there will never
be any case conflicts between filenames (mostly because the other developers
also work on Mac OS X), so is there a way to turn off this default safe behavior
and have filenames remain unchanged?

Thanks,
Alex
address@hidden