[rdiff-backup-users] Backup Target Directory Question

From: patric
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Backup Target Directory Question
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 15:05:54 +0100

Hey guys,

New to the list, so hi :-)

My question is regarding the target directory for a backup.

My problem is that I need to backup about 100GB of data from remote servers,
which through rdiff-backup takes a hell of a long time (estimated 28 days!).

My idea was to copy down the data once off, using scp/lftp which would be
faster, and from then on do my rdiff-backup to that pre-copied target.
The idea is that once the initial transfer of all the data is out of the way,
the incremental changes wont be so large, and the backups will run faster.

Can I do it this way? Or are there any other suggestions?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Patric