Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Running out of /tmp space when regressing large

From: dean gaudet
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Running out of /tmp space when regressing large files
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:39:10 -0700 (PDT)

there's several threads like this in the archive...

unfortunately there's no perfect solution... it needs improvement in the
code.  (patches welcome :)

note that rdiff-backup at best is going to need 2x the storage space for a
large file -- otherwise it would be modifying the file in-place and that's
got crash-safety issues that are just not fun to worry about.

-dean