Re: [rdiff-backup-users] No Longer Backing A Directory Up (Backup Not Wo

From: Mike Bydalek
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] No Longer Backing A Directory Up (Backup Not Working)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:44:37 -0700

Mike Bydalek wrote:
> I'm currently backing up several servers using the following command:
>
> /usr/bin/rdiff-backup --create-full-path --print-statistics --include
> /mnt/sxbackup --include /home --include /var/www --include /etc
> --exclude / / backup-server::server-root/
>
> The problem is, /mnt/sxbackup had a /temp subdirectory that I didn't
> want it backing up.  So I have my script delete the /mnt/sxbackup/temp
> subdirectory and then run a backup.  What happened with this is that now
> I get the following errors when trying to run a backup:
>
> Warning: expected server-root/mnt/sxbackup/temp to be a directory but
> found None instead.
> This is probably caused by a bug in versions 1.0.0 and earlier.

Just to note, I'm running 1.0.4.
> I also tried to delete the server-root/mnt/sxbackup/temp on the
> backup-server without any avail.

Yesterday I also tried to remove all the files related to the "temp"
directory in the rdiff-backup-data directory with the same results.

I need to get this fixed as this server is no longer being backed up,
and I *really* don't want to blow away my entire rdiff-backup-data
directory as I'd lose all my increments.

I'd be more than happy to provide anything else needed to solve this.

Thanks.

Regards,
Mike