Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup incompatibility 1.1.5 against 0.13

From: dave kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup incompatibility 1.1.5 against 0.13.4
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 22:02:41 +1000

Marc Haber wrote:
> This is a real turn-off because it is not always feasible to roll
> updates to all machines immediately. I'd expect a _backup_ tool to at
> least offer some kind of backwards compatibility.

Yeah I was a bit disappointed too as well, but to be fair, 1.1.5 is
clearly the development version and I am not sure why the debian
rdiff-backup maintainers saw fit to include it. Forced me to upgrade a
bunch of machines when I didn't really want to.
Infact from this:
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=rdiff-backup&searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all

it looks like debian never included anyversion of the 1.0 stable series
(which is still current)

oh well.

dave