Re: [rdiff-backup-users] build problem on solaris 10, x86

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] build problem on solaris 10, x86
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 21:36:31 -0400

Jesse Reynolds wrote:
> However now for some reason it won't find the librsync.so.1 unless I
> add /usr/local/lib/ to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Is there a way to fix this?

On Linux, you add /usr/local/lib/ to your /etc/ld.so.conf. The loader
needs to know where to find librsync.so.1, setting the path either in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH or the loader conf file does the trick.

Hmm, it seems Solaris doesn't have this sort of thing. Try reading this:
http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20011112/032152.html
for more info.

Andrew

--