Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Last selection expression: include

From: Chris Wilson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Fatal Error: Last selection expression: include-globbing-filelist
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 14:04:22 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Noah,

I must not be completely understand the include-globbing-filelist switch,
because I am seeing getting a fatal error:  "Fatal Error: Last selection
expression:"

Any clues on a cure to this problem?

Read the message?

Fatal Error: Last selection expression:
   Command-line include glob: /var
only specifies that files be included.  Because the default is to
include all files, the expression is redundant.  Exiting because this
probably isn't what you meant.

All files are already included (by default), but you tried to include some, without excluding any.

You probably want "--exclude **" as well, but I'm not sure if it should go before or after the --include-globbing-filelist. My guess from the error message is that it should go after.

Cheers, Chris.
--