[rdiff-backup-users] convert existing mirror to rdiff-backup ?

From: Jesse Reynolds
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] convert existing mirror to rdiff-backup ?
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 22:32:53 +1000

Hello

I'm a newbie. rdiff-backup looks excellent. One thing I couldn't see mentioned in any of the online docs and wiki and so on, is whether I can somehow convert an existing mirror (currently maintained with plain rsync, no incrementals or anything) over to rdiff-backup?

This will save me copying about 100Gb over a DSL link which would be nice.

If I can't do it direcly, perhaps I can first make an rdiff-backup copy of my mirror locally, and then update this new repository from my remote source?

Thanks
Jesse

Jesse Reynolds
address@hidden