Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup reliability ad lzop compression

From: Keith Edmunds
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup reliability ad lzop compression
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 20:32:15 +0000

roland wrote:
first i'd be happy to know, how "reliable" rdiff-backup is in general.
is my data really _safe_ ?

What does "safe" mean? Safe enough that you never have to carry out test restores? NO backup system is that safe, ergo test restores must be carried out and they will answer your question.

That said, I've been backing up my and customers' data for over three years using rdiff-backup with a minimum of trouble.

Keith