[rdiff-backup-users] Using parameters like --include-globbing-filelist d

From: Doug Campbell
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Using parameters like --include-globbing-filelist doesn't appear to work when using on Windows
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 17:27:27 +0800

Hi,

I recently began using rdiff-backup and have been successful in automating
backups of my Xserve to my Linux server.  I also have backups working
somewhat successfully from my Windows 2000 Server to my Linux server.

Currently on my Windows 2000 server, I have installed the "Windows" version
packaged by Solutions First and I am using the rdiff-backup.bat file
contained in that package.

If I do something like this:

rdiff-backup.bat d:/Source address@hidden::/backup/win2k

Everything works fine.

But I want to back up more than one directory on the D: drive and so I would
like to do something like:

rdiff-backup.bat --include-globbing-filelist=backup_list.txt --exclude d:/
d:/ address@hidden::/backup/win2k

Backup_list.txt contains

D:\sourcedir1
D:\sourcedir2

No matter what I try (changing \ to / and such in both the command line and
the backup_list.txt file) the best result I get is that the win2k directory
is created on the Linux server and an rdiff-backup... directory is created
under it.

Does this include and exclude functionality not work if you are on a Windows
machine?

Any insights as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Doug