Re: rdiffbackup windows version [ Used to be ] -> [rdiff-backup-users] V

From: Josh Nisly
Subject: Re: rdiffbackup windows version [ Used to be ] -> [rdiff-backup-users] Version 0.13.5 released
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:44:25 -0600

I wonder if the list on the wiki really covers it all. For example, rdiff-backup stores permissions as a single long, which works fine for *nix file permissions, but doesn't work for NTFS file permissions. I suspect there are a fair number more issues like this that just haven't come to the surface yet.

Low Kian Seong wrote:

The todo list for the windows port is here :

http://rdiff-backup.solutionsfirst.com.au/index.php/NativeWindowsPort

Although somewhere else I found that the company
solutionsfirst says that they are working on a
window's version. Any idea if they will be charging
for it ?

--- Josh Nisly <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm very interested in a windows version, but was
afraid that it might be more easier to rewrite it. If anyone gets the ball rolling on this, I'd be happy to help.

Low Kian Seong wrote:

People,
Talking about the mac-os version how about also
reviving interest in the almost ( ? ) windows
version
of rdiffbackup ? I am sure there are some window
users
out there that might be interested. Please make
yourself heard.
--- Ben Escoto <address@hidden> wrote:

Hunter Matthews <address@hidden>
wrote the following on Tue, 29 Mar 2005
12:20:03 -0500

Are there any suggestions or outstanding patches
for getting 0.13.x
working on osx? I particularly happy with
rdiff-backup on our linux
systems but I need to add a number of those osx
beasts... :)

There aren't any unprocessed patches that I'm
aware
of.  I don't have
experience running it on Mac OS X though.

--
Ben Escoto

Wiki URL:
http://rdiff-backup.solutionsfirst.com.au/index.php/RdiffBackupWiki