Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Truncated header string

From: Peter Hamilton
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Truncated header string
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:41:45 +0000

> So, are remote restores working for anyone?

Like you I've just started evaluating rdiff-backup, but I'm not using it
in anger yet. I built 0.12.7 and librsync 0.9.7 from source. Clients are
SuSE Linux (various versions from 7.3 to 9.0) using Python 2.4. Server
is OpenBSD 3.6 using Python 2.3.4.

I've just done some remote restores without any problems. Slow, but
reliable, both to populated and empty directories. I'll be testing more
thoroughly over the next few days.

Maybe a significant difference between your setup and mine is that I'm
using the latest stable version and you're using the development
version? Maybe it's worth giving 0.12.7 a try?

Peter Hamilton