[rdiff-backup-users] Deleting Huge Files From Archive

From: Joe Baker
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Deleting Huge Files From Archive
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 08:01:47 -0600

I run VMWare  and have huge image files in my home directory.
My daily rdiff-backup of the /home directory has made backups
totaling 7 Gigs (of 2 Gig files).  I've since added an instruction to
--exclude /home/joebaker/gentoo
My question... Can I delete the large files from the archive without
messing up my ability to restore the other files?

Should there be a command to erase archive files that meet a
certain filespec?

Thanks

-Joe Baker
Network Administrator