[rdiff-backup-users] Mac OS X: quoting upper case

From: Alan Curtis
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Mac OS X: quoting upper case
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:34:15 -0500

I successfully installed rdiff-backup-0.13.4 on Mac OS X 10.3.7.

I ran a test backing up and restoring a directory (to and from my Powerbook to itself) containing a Macintosh TrueType font which is all resource fork, which was also successful.

I did notice that in the backup directory, all the capital letters in the filenames were replaced by quoted number strings. I assume that this is a feature and is because of HFS case insensitivity. Is this right? Is it possible to have the capital letters in the backup up filenames?