Re: [rdiff-backup-users] some questions, web interface, etc.

From: David Kempe
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] some questions, web interface, etc.
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 22:22:20 +1000

Ben wrote:

Money is not really all *that* much of an issue, I would be willing to
pay for it if it was a reasonable price. What I can't wait for though is
when a decision will be made to make this available :) That's why I will
make a half-decent one myself if I can. I'm not that much of a
programmer but I should be able to whip something up.

its available now. We have finished testing.
here are some screenshots:

http://solutionsfirst.com.au/~dave/backup/screenshots/

I don't know exactly what a reasonable price is, but I would have thought the guy who got us to write the interface (its for the restore part of a guy windows client) would expect at least a few hundred dollars (AUD) for an unlimited use, no redistribution, full source license. The interface is written in PHP and designed at present for multi-user, multi-repository setup. It wouldn't be hard to scale that back. It also has a SOAP interface to talk to our GUI client, but you probably don't need that. let me know what you think. I know you can't write it for less than $AU300 :)

dave