Re: [rdiff-backup-users] hasfullperms(), isgroup() and funny indexes

From: Martin Pool
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] hasfullperms(), isgroup() and funny indexes
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 17:56:22 +1000

On 17 May 2004, Ben Escoto <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Someone please correct this if it's wrong.  I really haven't used
> > groups much---the above is just my intuitive understanding.
>
> Oops, as Ryan suggested, this is all wrong.  (The group stuff on my
> laptop seems to be broken, so I didn't notice this.)  I guess all the
> groups are checked for permission.  I just changed isgroup() in
> rpath.py from
>
>     return self.conn.Globals.get('process_gid') == self.data['gid']

>     return self.data['gid'] in self.conn.Globals.get('process_groups')
>
> Hopefully this fixes the problem.

The process groups is a bit strange:  a process has a primary group
and a set of supplementary groups.  The primary group is not
necessarily in the list of supplementary groups, which is what I
suppose process_groups holds.  So you need to check both.

But why don't you just use access() to see if you have access?

--
Martin