Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Running into some issue installing LIBRSYNC can

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Running into some issue installing LIBRSYNC can someone help please
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 19:51:26 -0700

> Ok the servers are either redhat 7.3 or redhat 8.  I can compile python
> 2.2.3 just fine, but when I attempt to compile librsync  it tells me I
> need a newer version of autoconf and auto make. I installed them and
> tried recompiling but I am getting error messages still!   Can anyone
> help me out here?!
>
> I also tried installing the rpm to no avail.

You shouldn't need autoconf I think---my understanding is that
autoconf builds the configure script once for the packager, not that
it has to be run on every system when compiling.  So it should be ok
as long as the developer had the right version.

But I'm not sure what the problem is.  You might want to try asking on
the librsync list if no one here can help you with this.

--
Ben Escoto