[rdiff-backup-users] Prevent chown

From: Keith Edmunds
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Prevent chown
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:32:13 +0000

I'm running rdiff-backup, backing up to another system which appears as
a local directory, mounted using shfs. rdiff-backup fails because
although it is running as root, it is _not_ root on the remote system
(however, I suspect rdiff-backup thinks this is a local backup and is
thus running as root everywhere). Other than using '--windows-mode', is
there a way of telling rdiff-backup to record UID/GID data in the
metafile rather than trying to actually changing the backup file's
UID/GID?

Thanks,
Keith