rapp-dev

[Rapp-dev] Adding -Wshadow and a request for archfiles

From: Hans-Peter Nilsson
Subject: [Rapp-dev] Adding -Wshadow and a request for archfiles
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 09:40:55 +0200

Willie B. noticed breakage building the recent commits in the
Axis build environment, which adds -Wshadow.  I thought that was
covered by -W -Wall but now I know better.  If anyone compiles
an old configuration and it now breaks with -Wshadow warnings,
this is the reason.  I've already fixed some fallout from this.

Speaking of old targets, it'd help if someone could generate
tune and benchmark-files to match the existing files
("make export-new-archfiles" and send the
rapp-0.8dev-archfiles-$(PLATFORM).tar.gz to this list) for odd
"platforms" (i.e. don't bother for i686-linux and x86_64-linux
variants).

In particular, I don't have access to these "platforms"
(anymore):

mips64el-gnu-loongson2ef
mips64el-gnu
sparc64-gnu-64 (the 64-bit ABI)
sparc64-gnu-vis (you may have build problems with non-ancient gcc)
sparc64-gnu (the 32-bit ABI)

There's also a long-standing bug-report regarding cygwin, but it
might require more than just typing "make" to get that right.

brgds, H-P