rapp-dev

[Rapp-dev] SE padding vertically and horizontally for (was: Please also

From: Hans-Peter Nilsson
Subject: [Rapp-dev] SE padding vertically and horizontally for (was: Please also look at 7b42, fixing binary morph padding)
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 04:22:28 +0200

> Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 05:05:22 +0100
> From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <address@hidden>

> > Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 01:04:21 +0100
> > From: Johan Almbladh <address@hidden>
>
> > It looks to me that the original code for rectangular SEs actually
> > allowed different paddings in horizontal and vertial directions. Maybe
> > we should consider allowing it?
>
> Yes, we can certainly do that in 0.7.

Does anyone see a reason not do do this?

If not, I'll try to get it in the upcoming release (showstoppers
being <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?32835> and an "informal
bug indication" that I'll have to force into a proper bug
report).  Other things that reasonably will be committed by then
is a SPARC VIS backend and various minor fixes in configury.

> I took your earlier
> advice and adjusted the code as the documentation required this
> padding it, but if you can see no (implementation) benefit from
> that, usability would improve by changing it.  (Our internal
> users are still out on the issue, they might request a new
> release fixing this and/or other issues.)

There were no problems spotted at the time, but the "informal
bug indication" may well be this.

brgds, H-P