Re: [Ranger-users] Problem using ranger-1.9.0 VCS support with hg

From: Gary Johnson
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Problem using ranger-1.9.0 VCS support with hg
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 13:40:14 -0800

On 2018-01-29, hut wrote:
> Some ideas:
>
> - Do you have a program called "chg"?  It's used by default now instead
>   of hg and is a c reimplementation of hg for better performance.

No.  I first tried putting a wrapper script for hg in my ~/bin and
named it chg, but ranger didn't like that either and put different
error messages in the log.  I was still running mercurial-2.8.1,
which doesn't have chg, so I installed the latest, mercurial-4.5-rc,
and also installed chg.  That fixed the problem.  Thanks.

> - To view the log, press W. Hopefully you will find more information there.

That helped.  Ranger didn't like there not being a chg command.

> - Try running ranger with "--debug" option to produce a crash instead of
>   an error message, maybe the traceback of the crash gives you a clue.

That didn't help.  One thread of ranger crashed and threw up all
over my screen, but the messages were pretty much unreadable.

Regards,
Gary