Re: [Ranger-users] in travel cannot navigate to parent dir with ..

From: Xu Wang
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] in travel cannot navigate to parent dir with ..
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2017 12:22:14 -0400

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Wojciech 'vifon' Siewierski
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 02.09.2017 23:14, Xu Wang wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 3:10 AM, Xu Wang <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> The following
>>>
>>> :scout -aefklst ..
>>>
>>> does not navigate to parent directory. Instead I think it tries to
>>> filter for files such as
>>>
>>> abc.one.two
>>>
>>> (so most of time it says simply "empty").
>> Does it work for others? I really thought it used to work for me, or
>> something similar. I'm not sure if it is my machine or if I perhaps
>> had different settings.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Xu
>>
> Sorry for the late reply. As far as I know, it doesn't and shouldn't
> work like this. ":travel .." matches files that contain two dots and
> that's the expected behavior. I don't remember it working in any other way.

No problem, thank you for your answer! I appreciate all of your time
spending to help. I wonder why it worked at some point before for me.
I wish I had saved the configuration. I don't know if it was that
travel command or a different scout command maybe.

Oh well. Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Xu