Re: [Ranger-users] How to show file size precise on status line?

From: Grady Martin
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] How to show file size precise on status line?
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 11:31:51 -0400

On 2017年03月12日 08時04分, no bk wrote:
But I do not want their shows the duplication human readable file size 2.7K
twice, I need the precise file size which is 2763 B on that detailed
information line.

Interesting point about redundant information.  Currently, the change you
describe can not be performed through configuration, though file size display
in the status bar can be toggled with the option display_size_in_status_bar.

The statusbar display of file size directly references the file size displayed
in the infostring of the main browser panel.  This code can be seen in
statusbar.py in the gui/widgets directory:

if self.settings.display_size_in_status_bar and target.infostring:
        left.add(target.infostring.replace(" ", ""))
        left.add_space()

So in answer to your question, no.  The change you describe is not possible
without further modification to ranger.