[Ranger-users] starting speed up

From: Jan Knížek
Subject: [Ranger-users] starting speed up
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 16:38:55 +0200

Hi,
has anyone tackled with speed of starting?
I use it in terminal in the following way. I work in terminal emulator and then for example just want to see some small piece of file, so start ranger, look at it and then quit ranger. After a while I need to change path e.g. from /home/knezi/Documents/mff/cvika to /usr/lib/systemd/system/, so it is faster to start ranger and use it to changing path (I have got macros for this). Only thing which slow me down is starting of ranger. Is it possible to speed it up? Sometimes it is really fast, sometimes really slow. I don't know why.
Thank you,
knezi