Re: [Ranger-users] passing / testing macros to shell

From: Diederich Hessling
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] passing / testing macros to shell
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 06:31:17 +0100

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 17:15:45 +0100
hut <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 06:38:03AM +0100, Diederich Hessling wrote:

> > I mapped a key to something like 'map td shell echo "%c" >> list_of_stuff'
> > with some sed piping to give me line breaks and it works fine.
> > I would like that to work also when nothing is yanked/copied, and the shell
> > expression then should use "%f" instead.
or %f macro will be passed to the shell?

> There is the command "save_copy_buffer" which writes the copy buffer to
> ~/.config/ranger/copy_buffer, maybe that helps you.

Hi there and thanks for your reply.
I managed to improvise something similar, which does what I want (so far ;). I
grepped through the git page for macros, found actions.py and changed
"if self.fm.copy_buffer:
        macros['c'] = [fl.path for fl in self.fm.copy_buffer]
    else:
        macros['c'] = MACRO_FAIL"

"if self.fm.copy_buffer:
        macros['c'] = [fl.path for fl in self.fm.copy_buffer]
    else:
        macros['c'] = [self.fm.thisfile.relative_path]"

This works with a ranger that I've unzipped from a tar.gz and ran in from
inside that dir. Guess I'll change that globally on my system and I'm done ;).
But I'll also check out your suggestion, which would probably be cleaner and
better.

Cheers and thanks for your work!

Dieter

--