[Ranger-users] log file preview

From: Arman Eshaghi
Subject: [Ranger-users] log file preview
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 19:14:09 +0430

Dear all,

First thanks for taking the magic of python to the next level, Ranger is my ideal file manager with unparalleled efficiency.

I have two questions:

1. I need to add log files inside scope.sh to get preview for my files with .log extension so this is what I do but I don't get the preview at all:

~/.config/ranger
 .
.
.
.
   case "$extension"   in
    log)
            cat "$path" | head -n "maxln"
            success && exit 0 || exit 1;;

2. I was wondering whether anyone is aware of a program that  can be used to show Nifti files inside terminal? I work with MRI images (medical images) that come with '.nii' format and would like to integrate a good program for this purpose inside Ranger. Would it be possible to use a similar trick as jpeg, etc files?

All the best,
Arman