[Ranger-users] Scanning all directories at once

From: vikas kanhaua
Subject: [Ranger-users] Scanning all directories at once
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 19:48:24 +0530

Hello All,
First of all, thanks Hut for this awesome file manager.
Been my default for a long time now.

My problem here is that the hard drive of my laptop is slow. So while
browsing a directory tree with ranger, it scans a particular directory
only when I reach it via cursor or selection.

Is is possible to scan all directories under a directory (not
recursively) with some command or key binding ?

For example, suppose I have directories from B to E under A and once
I go inside A, I execute a command so that ranger scans all B-E
directories and stores the result into cache speeding up the display
when I actually reach one of the directories.

--
Vikas Kanhaua
GPG: 0xFB1F92DB