Re: [Ranger-users] search text inside documents

From: Miodrag Milic
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] search text inside documents
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 21:40:16 +0100

Mhm...

just type grep <keywoard> and its done. Its the same thing as hut suggested.

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Hut <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 12:47:20PM +0800, henring wrote:
> Hi, could you teach me how to find out some files wanted via searching key
> word(s) inside files.

You need to create this feature yourself, for example by adding this to
your ~/.config/ranger/rc.conf:

alias keywordsearch shell -p grep -I -s * -e

Then type ":keywordsearch foo" in ranger.  Replace foo with your
keyword.

hut