[Ranger-users] custom command in plugin?

From: Oliver Vion
Subject: [Ranger-users] custom command in plugin?
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 23:53:55 -0400

Hi,

I'd like to experiment with extending ranger. For that I'd like to add a
custom command, which works fine appended to commands.py. However,
custom commands are probably better suited as a plugin to cleanly
separate ranger's code and my own.

Inspired by the code-examples in git I can write plugins working on
startup. Unfortunately I'm not able to bind this functionality to a
command in a pluginfile (works in regular commands.py though, as mentioned).

Would someone point me into the right direction?

Cheers,
Oliver