Re: [Ranger-users] file copy problems

From: pausiert
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] file copy problems
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 18:12:20 -0500

On 24/08/13 um 11:27, Emanuel Guével wrote:
> > fourth, ranger copies files on ext usb storages a way to fast, it
> > finishes withn seconds, but removing the storages causes broken
> > files. I have to wait self calculated time when it's save to remove
> > it.
>
> I don't have this problem. Do you remove your usb storage properly
> (using e.g. umount command)?

Just found out it was a problem of my MP3-Player and is Rockbox related,
nevermind.

I thought about using cp/mv as well. The leak of progress status could
be solved by using dd and "kill -USR1" somewhat, using dd only if
installend and a python function as fallback.
Maybe this hole idea is to ugly, however it would speed up the gui and
use less resources...

Still, I like the idea of a daemon running in background and handling
tasks that need more time.

Cheers, Pau