Re: [Ranger-users] Preview images on a Mac

From: niku
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Preview images on a Mac
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 19:23:41 +0530

>From w3m-0.5.3/doc/README.img:

        Required programs

          for X11
            * GdkPixbuf-0.16 or later

            or

            * w3m-0.2.5+cvs-1.287 or later
              http://w3m.sourceforge.net/
              http://sourceforge.net/projects/w3m/
              http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/w3m/
            * Imlib-1.9.8 (1.9.10 is recommended.)
              libungif-4.1.0b1 is recommended.

          for Linux framebuffer device
            * GdkPixbuf-0.16 or later

            or

            * Imlib2-1.0.6 or later

            * Framebuffer device(packed pixels with 8 bpp pseudocolor
              and 16/24/32 bpp truecolor/directcolor)

> Please make sure that one of Imlib/Imlib2/Gdk-pixbuf libraries are
> available! The libraries above are not available on my system (I am
> using pre-compiled w3m files -- via Debian package)

This may not be clear enough. What I mean is that for a compilation
with X11 support, you need the "development files" of the
corresponding image library. W3mimg source code tries to include files
like Imlib.h and gdk-pixbuf-xlib/gdk-pixbuf-xlib.h.