Re: [Ranger-users] Preview images on a Mac

From: Joshua Landau
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Preview images on a Mac
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 09:24:06 +0100

On 18 July 2013 03:47, Andy Maloney <address@hidden> wrote:
> Running ranger --debug doesn't crash the file manager. Good job with the
> coding! Should I pipe any debug messages to a file and send them?

If there are debug messages, it's good to see them. w3mimgdisplay is
beyond me, but I'm sure the others would appreciate it.

> Running ranger and then selecting a .jpeg file and typing r gives the
> following list.
>
> 11 | feh --bg-scale "$1"
> 12 | feh --bg-tile "$1"
> 13 | feh --bg-center "$1"
> 14 | feh --bg-fill "$1"

Heh, Ranger doesn't check for feh for these; I'd guess this counts as a bug.

> 15 | ask
> 16 | "$EDITOR" -- "$@"
> 17 | "$PAGER" -- "$@"
> :open_with
>
> Installing feh allowed me to press enter on an image and have it open in X11
> in an ImageMagick window

In an ImageMagick window? Are you sure?

Yeah, your problem here was just that you had no image viewers that
Ranger recognised.

> through the mac terminal which is progress. I don't
> see a setting for w3mimgdisplay above. Could this be where the problems are?

I don't see any relation between these problems, I'm afraid.