Re: [Ranger-users] Thumbnail previews for videos

From: Roman Z.
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Thumbnail previews for videos
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 12:39:13 +0200

On Thu, Jul 04, 2013 at 12:16:34PM +0530, Karthik K wrote:
> Is there any plans for supporting thumbnail previews for videos?

I (the main developer) don't plan to implement something like that at
the moment due to time restrictions, but this idea occured to other
people too and I've been considering it.  Should be as simple as calling
mplayer to dump an image and using the existing w3mimgpreview code to
draw it.

Maybe somebody else is already working on it, you never know.  For
example, the image preview feature actually existed 1 year before it was
added to the main branch, because the developer never contacted me and
never published any code.

hut