Re: [Ranger-users] Forum for ranger?

From: Roman Z.
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Forum for ranger?
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 02:00:52 +0200

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 10:13:19PM +0100, Joshua Landau wrote:
> On 22 April 2013 10:46, Miodrag Milic <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I would use some StackOverflow alternative, there are several around.
> > [...]
> > Here is one that is open source and done in Python:
> > http://www.osqa.net/
> >

> i3's looks really, really nice but it seems it's not free ;). The thing I'm
> not sure of with this is that it seems restricted to the FAQ half of what a
> forum can do.

It seems to me that the thread on the arch linux forum is mostly used to
ask questions, while the mailing list is used more to discuss ideas and
new features.  I would be happy to replace the arch linux forum thread
with a system like OSQA.

> >  > Actually...
> >> Text's.
> >>
> >> That sounds scary :)
> >

> But do-able, no?
>
> If you think about it, half of it's just a bit of networking. Once you've
> sorted the hosting, you'll just replace or augment the default commands.py
> with a program that trawls a directory and imports files (and, on request,
> classes from said files). You don't need the fancy load-on-the-fly either,
> but I think you might already support that ;).

I'm not sure I understand, since I don't know Sublime Text.  Can you
explain the purpose of the feature you're describing? Keeping plugins up
to date?

Roman