Re: [Ranger-users] Donations now accepted!

From: Paul Ivanov
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Donations now accepted!
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 23:19:58 -0700

Hi Roman,

thanks for ranger, I don't use it very often, but every once in a
while, copying a bunch of files, or gophering around my cluttered
filesystem - it's very handy.

Roman Z., on 2013-04-09 02:59,  wrote:
> For now, the only listed method is bitcoins.  This helps to protect your
> privacy and my privacy.  Also, I find it difficult to trust paypal with
> my personal data and my money.

May I suggest GitTip as another method? It isn't very big yet,
but the idea of recurring small payments with no strings attached
is a good one for free software and open source development
(maximum weekly tip from one person to another is $24)

https://www.gittip.com/about/

To give some context, the top gittip recipient right now is Jesse
Noller, the chair for the last two PyCon conferences, as weel as
Python Software Foundation board member, and he gets $276.25. But
I was very flattered and humbled to find that not long after I
joined, some anonymous person out there decided to start giving
me $1 per week....

very best,
--
Paul Ivanov