[Ranger-users] automount usb

From: Miodrag Milić
Subject: [Ranger-users] automount usb
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 16:09:06 +0100

Nautilus, thunar etc.. file managers provide automount for usb drives so that
you don't have to think about it (as on Windows)

I am wondering if such option will ever be considered to be part of ranger.

The alternative would be to create bash script which will scan some sources
(dmesg, blkid, fdisk -l etc...), recognise usb drive connection and
authomatically mount it.
Is anybody aware of such script as I don't want to reinvent stuff?

I tried with autofs and that works but with it you have to configure each new
usb drive which is unnaceptable for random usb's from friends, collegues etc.
Manually mounting is also not an option since you have to find out to which
/dev/xxx is device mounted, its file system etc...