Re: [Ranger-users] ranger 1.6.0 on the horizon

From: Joshua Landau
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] ranger 1.6.0 on the horizon
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 17:57:05 +0000

On 19 February 2013 00:37, Roman Z. <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 09:19:53PM +0100, Roman Z. wrote:
> 1. -a for automatic opening, as soon as there is only 1 match left
> 2. -e for automatic opening when the user presses enter
> 3. -k for keeping the console open until the user presses ESC
> 4. -s for letter skipping ("hl" matches "hello")
> 5. -g for globbing ("h*o" matches "hello")
> 6. -r for regular expressions ("h.*\w$" matches "hello")
> 7. -f for filtering the list of files to show only the matching ones
> 8. -t for the "as-you-type" feature
> 9. -m for marking all matching files

More options that came to my mind:

10. -p for permanent filtering, rather than temporary filtering like in -f

Oooh! More in one! Definitely yes.

It'd be weird travelling with this mode, though ;).

11. -i for ignoring case

Do you need this if you have smart case (implicit -i if you use only lowercase)?

12. -v for inverting the match

Can you not just press "v" afterward? I don't think I'd rather use up a precious letter for something so simple.

Using -p would set the "filter" setting.  This way we can even implement
the :filter command with :scope too, and the user can decide if he wants
to ignore case, invert the result, choose the matching mode, and all the
good stuff that is currently not possible with :filter.