Re: [Ranger-users] ranger 1.6.0 on the horizon

From: Roman Z.
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] ranger 1.6.0 on the horizon
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 19:16:04 +0100

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 06:10:57PM +0100, Miodrag Milic wrote:
> The other option instead arrows would be maybe shift+J and shift+K instead
> in order not to move  fingers from homerow.

Pressing tab will move to the next item.  Shift+Tab doesn't work with
the current implementation of the interface, but let's see what I can do.

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Miodrag Milic wrote:
> I tried narrow and travel and I must say that travel is awesome (although
> I wonder why do we need both since narrow can be implemented via travel
> with few options) and exactly as I described it. ".." is cool and very
> needed but one thing needs to get implemented: way to quickly clear the
> search. Perhaps in travel mode single ESC will clear search and double ESC
> will exit the mode.

ctrl+W deletes the last word and does the job for me.

:narrow is pretty much like a combination of :find and a temporary
:filter, and I'm tempted to simply replace :find with :narrow.

Roman