[Ranger-users] ranger 1.6.0 on the horizon

From: Roman Z.
Subject: [Ranger-users] ranger 1.6.0 on the horizon
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 23:19:40 +0100

Hello ranger users,

After over a year, it is time for a new minor version number: for ranger 1.6.0.
This means that new features are getting into ranger-stable, not only bug
fixes. Features like the new file launcher "rifle", rc.conf, visual mode,
removal of the config files "apps.py" and "options.py", a rewritten tabs
backend and several new options and key bindings.

I'd like to ask you to think of any changes and bug fixes that absolutely have
to get into 1.6.0. Tell me about your ideas, even if you already told me, since
I am very forgetful.

Also, please note that in 1.6.0, all tabs will be converted to 4 spaces in
order to conform with python style guidelines [1] [2]. This might cause issues
with patches or "git blame", sorry for the inconvenience. Often git provides a
"--ignore-whitespace" or "-w" option which may help you with the transition.

Regards,
Roman

[1] http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/#tabs-or-spaces
[2] https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?36009