Re: [Ranger-users] Problem with TERM=xterm

From: Miodrag Milic
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Problem with TERM=xterm
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 18:08:49 +0100

Jonathan was right, it happens because of byobu/tmux with that TERM setting (otherwise it works OK).

>> Why can't you simply run "ranger"?
I had that TERM settings in my bashrc in order to have 256 colors. It had nothing to do with ranger, I need it for vim etc...

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Roman Z. <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> When I set TERM to xterm or xterm-256color when I navigate up/down

Why can't you simply run "ranger"?

It doesn't surprise me by itself that the output is bugged when you use
a different $TERM.  After all, the curses library determines which
control sequences to use by looking at $TERM, and different terminals
understand different control sequences.

Roman