Re: [Ranger-users] Selection of multiple files with choosedir

From: Roman Z.
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Selection of multiple files with choosedir
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:15:38 +0100

> I have used ranger successfully as attachment browser in my mail client mutt
> for some weeks. If I select files typing 'l' ranger exits and attaches the
> files. That's great. But sometimes it would be helpful to preview a file
> before attaching it. Now my question is, if it is possible to add another
> command---let's say an <alt>l shortcut---to open files in the normal way and
> without exiting ranger.
>
> I know that ranger has a very nice preview feature. Nevertheless it would be
> very comfortable in some cases.

Hi again.  I modified ranger to only exit only when fm.execute_file is
run with the mode 0.  To open it normally, you need to use a mode other
than 0, for example by typing 1l or 666l or whatever :).

To use <alt>l as a shortcut, you could do this:

  map <A-l> move right=1 narg=666

I chose 666 and not 1 here because some programs start up differently in
mode 1.  For example, mplayer starts in fullscreen.  No program uses mode 666
though and it should always default to the same behaviour as mode 0.

You can also use the E key for editing a file now.