Re: Re: [Ranger-users] is there a way to quickly "mark" by pattern?

From: Roman Z.
Subject: Re: Re: [Ranger-users] is there a way to quickly "mark" by pattern?
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 14:41:30 +0200

> I would be interested in selecting and other operations by file type
> actually. It would be useful for a few things, and opening files by

Gonna have to think about how to elegantly implement that.  Someone else
suggested adding the keys { and } which move you to the next logical
section, i.e. If you sort by filetype, it moves you to the previous/next file
with a different filetype.

By combining it with a selection key, you could select whole sections,
like all images in a directory, etc.

I'll think about it

> the output of 'file' command, rather than extension would be nice
> for associating say 'mutt -f' with an mbox file.

That's already possible.  Use the attribute "filetype" to get the mime
type returned by the file command.  It's used in the default apps.py to
identify text files:

> if f.document or f.filetype.startswith('text'):

You could adapt this for mbox files.  Patches are welcome. =P